Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 17:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 16 - Dec. 22 - Pittsburgh @ Green Bay  (Read 2422 times)
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #60 on: Dec 22, 2013 at 19:26 »

Letting games slip away against the Titans, Vikings, Raiders, Ravens and Miami look worse and worse. 
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #61 on: Dec 22, 2013 at 20:29 »

Thankfully, Flynn didn't see Nelson on that last play.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Dec 22, 2013 at 21:39 »

If GB would have been up at the line, they could have spiked and got 2 decent shots at the end.

Maybe McBriar can show Ben how to drop a ball in to a receiver. Honestly, I thought he air mailed that one way past intended target.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #63 on: Dec 22, 2013 at 22:39 »

If GB would have been up at the line, they could have spiked and got 2 decent shots at the end.

I wonder if Flynn didn't realize the clock would run on the whistle.  Couldn't believe he let that time run out.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #64 on: Dec 23, 2013 at 09:20 »

Ap A.P. article says the PAckers are po'd at the refs for the the way the game ended.  WTF?!?!?  Really?

They allege the clock was running on the last play while the ref was still "over the ball" after is was spotted, or some nonsense.  They fail to mention they were spotted a TD on the batted bal play.

Speaking of the batted ball play, sounds like the hinge point is Steelers never gained possession which makes if a 1st down for Packers.  I think the flaw in that rule is this was on a change of possession.  Just doesn't make any sense.  If Steelers don't touch it it's a dead ball right?

I can't believe they didn't take a knee twice, or at least once (take one knee to run time off the clock then maybe hand it to Bell on 3rd down.  Take a FG is he doesn't get it in) instead of Bell running it in for a quick TD.  Where is some good ole Cowher ball when you need it?  If the return had the same result after a FG, then the Packers woud have had a good shot at making a FG to tie.  I dunno.

I am suprised this team didn't lay and egg against Cincy or Packers, given the way the rest of the season has gone.  At least they are still putting out some effort, in spite of the refs.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #65 on: Dec 23, 2013 at 09:37 »

Speaking of the batted ball play, sounds like the hinge point is Steelers never gained possession which makes if a 1st down for Packers.  I think the flaw in that rule is this was on a change of possession.  Just doesn't make any sense.  If Steelers don't touch it it's a dead ball right?

I'm going to admit that I haven't read up on the specific rule so I'm kinda talkin' out of my ass here, BUT...

It was a missed FG.  It's a change of possession play.  I'm pretty sure that there isn't a goddamned thing that Pittsburgh could do that would award possession back to Green Bay after they miss the fuckin' field goal.  I believe that any penalty incurred by Pittsburgh would be assessed and marked off against Pittsburgh, but they would maintain possession.  If they're going to say Pittsburgh never had possession, it would be distance from the spot of the foul (i.e. "batting") or in this case because of where they were on the field, half the distance to the goal...1st and 10 Steelers from the 4.

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #66 on: Dec 23, 2013 at 09:42 »

Yeah, I just don't get the logic, especially after they talked for 15 minutes.  The ball is dead once it's blocked, you fucking retards.  GB CAN'T pick the ball up and advance it.  Therefore it's a dead ball, change of possession, half the distance to the goal, Steelers ball.  Possession doesn't mean anything at that point.

This is why I don't think it mattered that AB stepped out of bounds against Miami, even though they said afterwards the lateral was legal, whatever crackerjack officiating crew that was working would have just fucked up the call.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #67 on: Dec 23, 2013 at 09:43 »

IMO, Clark had possession (and was touched I think) but I read that possession on a blocked FG is not something that can be challenged. That rule may change.

I guess it's like the 4th down pass that falls incomplete and the DB taunts, gets a flag and the offense who just seemed to turn it over on downs, now has 1st down.

Batting? Seemed a little iffy to me. Was there a GB player about to fall on that ball?  

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #68 on: Dec 23, 2013 at 09:44 »

The ball is dead once it's blocked, you fucking retards. 

Yeah, but the Steelers touched the ball after the block.
Leon Lett.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #69 on: Dec 23, 2013 at 09:51 »

The ball is dead once it's blocked, you fucking retards. 

Yeah, but the Steelers touched the ball after the block.
Leon Lett.

Yeah, but in that play, Miami recovered the ball after Lett touched it.  Pittsburgh committing a penalty after a dead ball shouldn't give it back to Green Bay.  Should just get marked off against them.

Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: