Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 11:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playoff scenario (!)  (Read 1105 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« on: Dec 22, 2013 at 23:31 »

Somehow, someway, despite all efforts to the contrary, the Steelers have reached the final game and still have a "Steelers clinch the playoffs if" scenario.

Steelers beat Browns
Jets beat Dolphins
Bengals beat Ravens
Chiefs beat Chargers

Oddly enough, to me the one that is the least likely is the one that should be easiest on paper - Chefs/Chargers.  Chiefs have nothing to play for, are on the road, have lost 4 of 6 since starting 9-0 including a home loss to the Chargers.  Factors in favor of winning are that maybe they want to win to get some momentum for the playoffs and don't rest their starters as much, and the fact that it's the Chargers who always seem to find a way to take defeat from the jaws of victory.  However, with no bye week I think Reid will favor rest over the win.

Bengals over Ravens is probably most likely - Bengals want the 3 seed to avoid KC in round 1, so they will be playing hard.  Not sure Ravens have enough left in the tank.

Jets-Dolphins - who knows?

Steelers have no business losing this game, but as screwed up as this season has been it would not surprise me one bit to see a playoff spot handed to them on a silver platter and have them piss it away.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2013 at 07:12 »

Wish the damn chiefs had something to play for.  Who knows though seems like the kind of game the Chargers would lose.  Jets/Dolphins may be Rex Ryan's last game, so they should come out playing hard.  The Bengals need to win. 

Well at least there's a chance.  As long as Baltimore doesn't make I'll be content.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2013 at 08:21 »

Believers vs. non-believers in the Finny household:  kept telling Mrs. that we would probably be eliminated before gametime, but surely this was the weekend we'd bow out.  She kept saying she believed. 

So now I'm just gonna shut up.  The draft will come when it comes.  Time to play out the season.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2013 at 08:31 »

Ravens are shot, IMO.  Bengals want the higher seeding and win that game.  Adios, Fucco.

KC has no inspiration to play hard EXCEPT for division rivalry stuff and possibly because they know they can knock SD out of the playoffs. 

Rexy is probably getting his ass canned, but Fins know they can get in with a win and some losses from other teams. 

So, hard to say IMO with those two.

IFFFFFF we get in, we're the #5 against #3 Cinci.  That's winnable.  #5 KC at #4 Indy, who just beat them up.  Whoever wins goes to NE, and we'd go to (deja fucking VU) Denver.  We lose.  Hopefully NE loses.  Denver vs. KC?  Denver vs. NE?  Denver vs. Indy?  Denver's sitting pretty right now.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2013 at 09:18 »

Denver's sitting pretty right now.

Denver's been sitting pretty since Week 1.

If it wasn't for Rahim Moore, they'd be on the verge of a great back-to-back run.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: