Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 07:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Net Neutrality People  (Read 1215 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Sep 11, 2014 at 08:57 »

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2014 at 21:57 »

There are two important issues for us regular folk right now.  The first is Net Neutrality.  We need to keep it.  The other is Citizens United.  We need to end it.  (It looks like the Senate killed it today, so hurray for us.  Not totally sure on that though.)

Find an online site that will send a letter to your rep, those do help.  I've had responses from my Congressman and Senator from such.  

Really though, neither of these are partisan issues, these or common-man issues, these are citizen vs corporation issues.  So if you're a person, you know what to do.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2014 at 09:11 »

Jonzr, I don't think 90% of people care much about either issue.  I admit that Citizens has been a burr under my saddle, while net neutrality has been more an abstract objection.  While I understand the issue, I'm not sure I find it as consequential as Citizens.  Your thoughts?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2014 at 09:33 »

If the telecoms/cable/ISPs have their way they'll prioritize access and traffic as they see fit.  Regular people would be held hostage, maybe not directly, but still.  What if Netflix and Hulu have to cut billion dollar deals with Verizon, AT&T, etc?  That gets passed on to us.  But it's more than that.  What if your connection gets throttled back to dial-up days?  Yikes!  It could happen.  I hope it doesn't.

This is just another case of mega corps trying to ram laws down our throats.  Laws that have no function other than enriching the corporation.  They would bribe our lawmakers to basically transfer our money to their coffers. 
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2014 at 09:37 by jonzr » Logged

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: