Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 22:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 540 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 20, 2014 at 19:06 »

Late on this but I'm sure everyone took a few moments on Sept 11 to remember those lives lost.

What I meant to add a few weeks ago was that I recently visited 9/11 memorial and museum.  It was a really powerful few hours as a toured the museum.  I know some of you all live or work in the NYC area and likely have been.  My brother was living in Astoria (moved at the beginning of September) so I visited him at the end of August and he took me (he had lived in Astoria for a few years but had not been to the museum).  We spent about 3 hours; I found self-guided to be best as there are some many items and audio-visual events along the way that I don't see a need for the pay-tours. 

A must-see for anyone going to NYC.  You see the photos of all who perished, the impacts on their families and the survivors from the tours and surrounding areas.  The news clips from that day brought me back to 9/11/2001.  I remembered exactly where I was, how my entire lab huddled around the radio, trying to determine whether this was actually happening and the emptiness felt in the weeks afterwards. 

Visit and plan to spend a few hours.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2014 at 19:49 »

Never. 

Forget.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2014 at 15:32 »

Have you been to the museum aj?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2014 at 19:17 »

No, not yet.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: