Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 22:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS Get Healthy Challenge - 2014  (Read 4480 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Dec 27, 2013 at 14:21 »

Resolutions:  in one year and out the other!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2013 at 17:13 »

Ouch.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2014 at 18:08 »

2014 wrap-up

~6 months since my last check-in.  Weights 3 days a week.  T25 workout 2-3 days a week.

Weighing in at 185#.  Could do a bit better on my waist line but probably never will as I enjoy unhealthy food too much.  Am able to bench 205# x 8-9 times.  225# x 5.  235# x 2-3.  Have moved to include more dumbbell work on chest and it has paid off.  Moved from size medium shirts to size large.  Size XL in the Rebook cross fit shirts. 

Incorporated cross fit in to my workouts.  Bought the heavy training ropes and a 30# slam ball for home.  Do a lot of pull ups, inverted rows and other body weight exercises.  Box jumps and deadlifts

Very noticeable difference in arms, chest and back size.  Pretty happy with my gains and hope to maintain in 2014

Weighing in between 186-190#.  Bought a scale back in January that tracks weight, BMI and body fat.  26% for both BMI and BF.  I have no idea how athletes get in the mid-teens.

Still doing weights 3 times per week.  1 session is 2 1/2 hours and 2 other sessions are 1 hour each.  Bench press remains the same; happy with it but haven't been able to break through.  Have added more lower body and ab workouts to the routine.  I really enjoy putting on headphones and lifting; I guess it is an escape from the stressful things in life.

Dropped T25.  Have started running 3 x a week; treadmill due to the snow and cold.  Enjoying it but had to buy new running shoes due to pain on the back of both of my feet.  Hasn't completely gone away but the previous running shoes were >4 years old. 

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 19:53 »

Was able to get #225 up 7 times this morning...where does that put me v. the guys at the Combine?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 20:31 »

Was able to get #225 up 7 times this morning...where does that put me v. the guys at the Combine?

Depends on your position.  Not bad for a kicker.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 22:38 »

Geezus - NICE!!!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 22:50 »

BV is holding steady at 230.  Same as ever, 220 would be awesome and anything lower would be even better. 

I broke down and bought a road bike for "off-season" training.  It was time for the 25 yr old POS road bike to die.  There is a ride I can do from my house that climbs 3000 ft over about 15 miles.  It is as hard as any climb (long sustained mother f'er) I have done on a mtn bike.  It took me 2 hours to reach the "top".  2 hours of cranking, with no coasting.  I stopped 2 or 3 times for a quick rest.  Hopefully I'll be in mid season form when the trails dry out for mtn bike season.

We have had a mild winter compared to most of you guys, so I have been out riding the road bike.  I will be able to ride after work quite a bit starting this week with the time change.

Gotta get to 220 lbs by June so I look Maximum Grilled for vacation.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2014 at 13:08 »

Depends on your position.  Not bad for a kicker.

What's the Franchise Tag for them?

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 09:05 »

Lost 1% BF since last check-in.  I would like to get to the 22%-24% range by mid-May. 

The scale showing BF and BMI has shown me how I have to eat differently if I want to lose around the waist and to appear more in-shape. 

Checked in at 183.6 lbs this morning after a workout and run this morning.  It will fluctuate but I was at 189lbs last weekend so this is a good trend.  Prior to getting the BF and BMI data, I thought 185 might be a good weight but it is more likely 175-180lbs.

Brought back an old elliptical machine from my parents' house last week.  Am able to do 20mins Monday-Wed, in addition to treadmill Fri-Sun at the gym.  DC traffic sucks and getting to the gym before/after work M-Th is tough as I'd rather get home than hit the gym and wait through rush hour traffic. 

Have cut out some of the bad foods (chips, cookies) during the week and/or severely restricted intake of those things.  Will allow some more flexibility on the weekends but I am seeing how intake of those bad foods impacts BF, in particular, on a day-to-day basis.  The feedback makes it easier for me to avoid the chips, etc.

VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2014 at 17:44 »

Still a svelte 5' 10" 165...after 2 kids.  Same eats every day, acai smoothie, tuna sandwiches, meat & veggies for dinner.

I do like always...straight up yoga, low weight/high reps on weights & active lifestyle.  no kashi/fucking turkey diets.  Get your shit together!

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: