Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 06:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KC@SD  (Read 3381 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2013 at 18:42 »

Damn.  Well as noted, when you count on others for help you can't count on it. 
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2013 at 18:50 »

Fitting end to season.

Complete bullshit to not review that.  That was a fumble

I never heard whistle.  When does forward progress end?  Before or after first down?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2013 at 22:13 »

I never heard whistle.  When does forward progress end?  Before or after first down?

I'd have to look at it again, but seemed to me initial surge was stopped short, then second effort got him over, but the ball was clearly stripped before he hit the ground.  So either he didn't make it, or it was a fumble.  No matter what, there was way too much at stake for them to not stop and take a look at it.

scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2013 at 22:43 »

Illegal defense/kick block that was missed on the field goal attempt to end regulation.  San Diego should have been flagged with KC getting another attempt from five yards closer.

*The Steelers should have beaten the lowly Titans, Vikings, Raiders, Ravens or Dolphins.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2013 at 08:16 »

Pretty sick of hearing how the Steelers didn't deserve it because they lost to X and Y and Z.  Yeah, because Miami, Baltimore, San Diego all had banner fucking seasons and deserved it more.

The shitty thing is I think they would have beat Cincy. 
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2013 at 08:27 »

Here is the link for the blown FG penalty.  Steelers got screwed three times near the end of this game. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-out/did-the-chargers-get-away-with-one-against-the-chiefs-122913

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2013 at 08:54 »

Coulda woulda shoulda.  Shitty start to the season, trended better, but yeah, sorry, we SHOULD HAVE taken care of business in the 0-4 start.  Ravens, Fins, Steelers, and Chargers all weak sauce players vying for the right to be soundly abused in the playoffs.  What quality teams did we beat?  Well, exactly *ONE playoff team (Bengals), and frankly they look pretty shitty too.  

Just time to take care of business now:  get the composition of this team fixed, cut the dead weight, get the young guys up to speed, get an infusion of talent via the draft, come out of the gate in 2014 stronger.  Hard to be too optimistic or too down on this group.  Would have been magical to make the postseason, but a short-lived magic at best, probably ending in a disheartening loss in Denver.

*EDIT:  TWO.  A Rodgers-less Packers team.  Woo hoo.
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2013 at 08:57 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 30, 2013 at 09:11 »

Green Bay made the playoffs, sans Rogers, but yeah.

Doesn't matter how average to bad they were.  Baltimore looked like hell down the stretch last year and the AFC is still wide open.

I'll take an extra week of football and a chance to get hot.  I'll take knocking an arch-rival out in round one.  And I'll always take my chances in Denver with the choke-artist playing QB.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2013 at 09:41 »

Green Bay made the playoffs, sans Rogers, but yeah.

Doesn't matter how average to bad they were.  Baltimore looked like hell down the stretch last year and the AFC is still wide open.

I'll take an extra week of football and a chance to get hot.  I'll take knocking an arch-rival out in round one.  And I'll always take my chances in Denver with the choke-artist playing QB.

+1.

To play contrarian too...I mean, outside of Denver, nobody is playing lights out.  I guess you could throw Seattle and San Fran into the mix, but that's in the NFC.  In the AFC?  Chiefs?  Pastries?  I know they skadooshed the fuck out of Pittsburgh when they played by dropping 50+, but that was a ballgame at halftime and there were a ton of mistakes made by the Steelers.  They've been very up and down too.  Squeaked by Cleveland and lost to the Fins in their place.

They're 8-4 after beginning the season 0-4.  I think that's saying something.  Plenty of teams...a lot of teams woulda bagged it after that start.  Look at the messes in Washington and Atlanta.  A little adversity and they just caved to dismal seasons.  Look at the Lions who on paper, might be one of the more talented squads in the league and couldn't manage to win a division that was practically gift wrapped for them with Rodgers and Cuntler missing significant time.

Steelers finished on a high note.  Don't know how much of that will translate into turning things around in 2014, but we'll see.  I'll take something from that.  This group didn't quit.  That says something for the team and the coaching staff, I 'spose.  They aren't as far off as many think.  Get healthy and load up on defense.  They'll be right back in the thick of things in '14.

If there's one place I think they need to improve it's on talent evaluation/scouting.  I think that group has lost touch a little bit.  Some new eyes and different perspectives from front office personnel would probably go a long way towards getting them on the right path again.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 30, 2013 at 10:16 »

And we should also be pissed that they made such a big deal about the Tomlin incident.  WHAT IF IT COSTS THE RAVENS A PLAYOFF SPOT?Huh?Huh?

Well it didn't.  But these blown calls did cost someone a playoff spot.  I wonder why no one is making a big deal about it.

Also, there is no doubt that the fumble return counts as a TD if that game is in KC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: