Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 11:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And it begins...128 days away  (Read 6278 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Jan 08, 2014 at 09:07 »

CB I liked last year, Xav Rhodes, did well as a rookie, but not sure any of these guys is as physical.

Agree on OT.  I'd say the 3 WRs in R1 to look at would be Watkins (obv.), Evans, and Lee.  Some buzz about Benjamin, but he's not in the same tier.  Lots of R2/3 value at WR this year.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Jan 08, 2014 at 11:40 »

CB I liked last year, Xav Rhodes, did well as a rookie, but not sure any of these guys is as physical.

So far, I like what I see from Dennard and Fuller.  Good ball awareness.  Good tacklers.  Dennard played lotta zone.  Fuller probably more man.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Jan 08, 2014 at 12:00 »

Yeah, I like those guys.  Fuller is undervalued right now, IMO. 

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #23 on: Jan 08, 2014 at 15:10 »

Some buzz about Allan Robinson in late round one.  Think he'd be great value in round two for the Steelers.

Outside of Watkins, not sure I'd take a WR at 1.15.  Guys like Evans scare me.  Big body, lack of elite speed bring back Mike Williams flashbacks.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Feb 04, 2014 at 15:03 »

Wasn't sure where to add this so I guess I'll just put it here.

Saw two mocks recently that didn't have Pittsburgh drafting Nix.

Draftcountdown has them selecting LB CJ Mosley from 'Bama and yesterday, USA Today had them taking WR Marqise Lee from USC (with Lewan still on the board too).

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Feb 05, 2014 at 08:46 »

Robinson is a tough eval.  Young QB, not much other WR talent.  Want to see his workouts, but I agree he'd be a nice R2 target or possibly a guy in a trade down.  I love Evans as a collegiate WR, and think he can transition to the bigs (as opposed to, say, a Mike Williams) - just keep thinking how he owned Bama.  Sort of a hybrid, H-back sort of player.  Again, workouts will be worth looking at: 10-yard split, and how nifty he is in the cones and shuttles.

Lee is another hard eval, due to injury and poor QB play, but he does drop his fair share.  Looks like some good OTs may get pushed down, and frankly if I had to choose between Lewan and Lee I'd take the OT and poke around for WRs later - deep class, tons of R3/4 talent IMO, and BBR is already working out with Wheaton and Moye in Cali.  FFS, our little Ben?  I'd thought he'd be eating frozen pizzas and watching Ron Burgundy.

Backing off of Nix.  Don't think NT is the best value, and Nix is inconsistent in game tape.  Mosley is a consideration; have to compare any ILB R1 to Kuechly WRT value.  But he's still in my top 15.

Is Calvin Pryor in the R1 convo with LOL Dix?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: