Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 11:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 [13] 14 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 FAs  (Read 6710 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #120 on: Mar 28, 2014 at 09:44 »

Carrington sings with Rams.

Would have preferred Carrington > Cam Thomas, but Thomas appears to be a NT/DE a la Wood.  Course, had we kept Wood, and replaced Hood with Carrington...

Laughably, Colbert avers that Thomas is DE.  OK.  He's 6'3" 330#; Woods 6'4" 307#; Kimo, another NT/DE, more the DE, was 6'4" 300#.  By frame, Thomas is purely NT.  By hopes and wishes, maybe he's got the lateral ability to set the edge, but IMO this is again trying to cast the square peg into the round hole.  

We have:  LDE; NT, of sorts; backup NT; no RDE; guys who may or may not develop into DE.  Again: no starter at RDE.

IMO, Carrington could have started at RDE, but Colbert feels a) backup NT is better than RDE starter, or b) Thomas can actually view for RDE.  Drop some pork chops, big boy.  DL is about half a damn mess.  Looks like we'll address via the draft, and DL sux this year, mostly.

Says Keisel is back, though likely for a few games before he's on the shelf again.

No real feel for Carrington.  Was injured.  Maybe he woulda, maybe not.  He was cheap and cheaper than Thomas.

Do hope they sign Blount.  If they don't, assume it is Felix Jones again.  What's Isaac Redman up to these days?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #121 on: Mar 28, 2014 at 09:49 »

Save us Brian Arnfelt, you're our only hope!
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #122 on: Mar 28, 2014 at 11:00 »

Gotta hope for that.  Nick Williams is basically what he was at this time last year. 

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #123 on: Mar 28, 2014 at 11:17 »

MJD to the Rrrrrrraiders.  Blount visiting today.  Appears to be a buyer's market, so...

Yeah Moreno 1 year 3 mil from the Fins?  Sheesh, I know he may have been a product of the system, but that seems low for the consensus best back on the market.

If they sign Blount, I'd have to give them at least a B for this offseason.  Given where they were with the cap, getting Mitchell, Moats, Moore, Cam Thomas and Blount would be a success even though I'm not completely thrilled with Moore and Thomas.

Yeah, pretty much.

Chicken salad outta chicken shit.  Granted, it's kinda bland tasting and it's not gonna impress too many people, but it's still chicken salad.  Couple of triples or homers in the DARFT could push that offseason grade even higher.

Would've given them a B+ or A- if they could've singed a decent FA CB like Brown or Thurmond.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #124 on: Mar 28, 2014 at 14:45 »

Steelersdepot.com reporting Blount has signed with Pittsburgh via a two year deal

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #125 on: Mar 28, 2014 at 14:47 »

Steelersdepot.com reporting Blount has signed with Pittsburgh via a two year deal

Fucking love it. 
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #126 on: Mar 28, 2014 at 15:15 »

Bell and Blount carryin' the rock?  Two monsters.

Running game just got serious shot in the arm.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #127 on: Mar 28, 2014 at 16:11 »

Suhweet!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #128 on: Mar 28, 2014 at 17:13 »

Offseason looks okay.  Haven't addressed everything that's wrong with the team and may be worse off at one position (at least one) in WR but this draft looks good for WRs in terms of depth from Rds 2-4

Great gets:

Mitchell:  Pros Coverage  Cons Missed tackles
Blount:  Pros 4.7 YPC and ability to get in the EZ  Cons Fumbler

Okay gets:
Moats:  Pros Can play inside or out, has good speed/size compared to the rest on the team  Cons  Suspect in coverage

Meh gets:
Thomas:  Pros Position flexibility Cons Demoted last year
Moore:  Pros Can find the EZ  Cons Best stats came indoors

I think Thomas and Moore are up to the observer.  Some will prefer Carrington or Al Woods to Thomas.  Some will prefer Cotchery to Moore.  Personally, I put Thomas in the "okay" category and leave Moore in the "Meh" category but I realize there is enough angst out there to keep both.  My guess is WR gets better via the draft (though we'll see how much time a rookie WR gets) and we hope/pray that Keisel stays healthy.

VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #129 on: Mar 28, 2014 at 21:40 »

I find it amusing that our backup undrafted RB is making more than our starter.  God get, but its still funny too me. 

Hoping Deebo is patient enough for Woodley's contract to come off the books in June...I'd like him back for sure.  Id also like HBO to be forced on the Steelers so I can see Porter, Deebo & Jarvis together...#wishful thinking

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
Pages: 1 ... 12 [13] 14 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: