Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 20:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 FAs  (Read 7609 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 09:17 »

Wilfork wouldn't restructure, and no one's paying him $7.5M per.  If his medical shows sufficient progress to warrant projecting him back to play by the regular season, I'd offer him a 2/$5.  Because he's not going to be ready for camp, most likely, or even the preseason, and might miss the early games.  But if he was even 90% he'd be a huge push in the middle.

Forgot about Porter.  Damn.  Course, Cap'n is still out there, as are both Cromarties.  A lot of decent CBs closing in on 30, so who are the young up ad comers?  I'd look at the Bengals' Brandon Ghee, maybe the Colts' Cassius Vaughn, a few years younger, faster, guys who can be coached up and have their feet wet.  Why I liked N. Carroll.

Munnerlyn signed with Vikes 3YR/11MIL.  Richard Marshall wasavailable, but he just signed 1 year deal with Bolts.  Still some guys out there.  Tarell Brown.  Walter Thurmond.  DRC.  Ideally, I'd take either of those first two guys, particularly Tarell Brown.  Relatively young guy (29) with a lot of starting experience for the Niners.  Haven't read any reports of teams knocking his door down.  Niners supposedly want him back, but are limited in what they can offer.  Read on PFT or somewhere that they're in the 3 million per range.

3YR/14MIL probably gets you a plug and play guy at a critical position.

Thurmond is a little younger and is definitely my second choice.  Little younger.  Similar sized.  Probably about the same kinda money.  Getting more interest (supposedly) in FA, tho.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #51 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 09:21 »

And Woodley to Oakland. 2 years 12 million. They probably should have checked out the film from their first offensive play against us this year.

With Woodman, it's about his health, his shape and his heart.  He's done a better job chasing greenbacks than quarterbacks.

I'd be really curious how many teams pursued him in FA; my guess is not many.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #52 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 10:02 »

Plus Woodley is going to be playing 4-3 DE there? Interesting.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 13:02 »

Steelers sign Cam Thomas per steelersdepot.com

Do they move McLendon to DE?  Is Thomas just a backup?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #54 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 13:12 »

Well Thomas was benched down the stretch for the Chargers last year, so he probably stinks. Maybe they think he can turn it around?  Or maybe they just got worried that they only had one defensive lineman that's played NFL snaps.

Probably gonna have to bring back Keisel.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #55 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 13:32 »

Liked Cam coming out of NC, had the frame and strength.  Drafted R5, lost his job to Lissemore, R7 out of William & Murray.  Also notable:  worse yards allowed up the middle than Stevie Mac.

So, maybe he's our new backup, since Ta'amu didn't work and Fangupo hasn't shown much.

Still need a DE.  As in, someone to start.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #56 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 13:39 »

At steelersdepot, many comments on Alex Carrington.  My question, what he done?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #57 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 13:45 »

I'd be more excited about Carrington than Cam.  Fits the 4-3 the way Ziggy fits the 3-4, and it showed: when the Bills switched to 3-4 and Carrington got some time, he flashed, in small sample size.  So, plenty of extrapolation based on said sample, plus frame and draft workouts.  I remember liking Carrington that year, and thinking maybe the Tomlin/Ark. St. connection might bring Carrington our way. 

Put it this way, he's at about the same point where you might put Mike Mitchell.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #58 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 13:49 »

Fine with adding Carrington but reading sdepot.com, many are pegging him a starter.  I don't see it based on the injury hx and what I can see from his stats.  Maybe I don't know enough about him but I would think shifting Mac to DE would be more likely

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #59 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 14:53 »

Raji stays in GB... for 1/$4M?  Whaaa?

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: