Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 16:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 FAs  (Read 6667 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #130 on: Mar 29, 2014 at 07:22 »

SINGH DESWAN GANGSIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #131 on: Mar 29, 2014 at 19:44 »

Apparently the Eagles had interest from other teams wanting too trade for Desean Jackson, played hot potato & straight up cut him.  This while extending the ever understanding of PC, Riley Cooper. 

Smoke, Fire...all that stuff.

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #132 on: Mar 30, 2014 at 19:50 »

Apparently the Eagles had interest from other teams wanting too trade for Desean Jackson, played hot potato & straight up cut him.  This while extending the ever understanding of PC, Riley Cooper. 

Smoke, Fire...all that stuff.

Sure.

What?

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #133 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 06:25 »

I think Thomas and Moore are up to the observer.  Some will prefer Carrington or Al Woods to Thomas.  Some will prefer Cotchery to Moore.  Personally, I put Thomas in the "okay" category and leave Moore in the "Meh" category but I realize there is enough angst out there to keep both.  My guess is WR gets better via the draft (though we'll see how much time a rookie WR gets) and we hope/pray that Keisel stays healthy.

Good Lord, who IS our NT these days? Just don't get why you sign Thomas rather than keeping Woods and getting Carrington, since I don't buy Thomas as a true DE in the 3-4.

Moore:  I'm good with that. It seems that you need guys who can run the routes and catch the football as much as you need some burner (Wallace) or head case (enter WR of choice here). I always thought that more was somewhat under-utilized in the embarrassment of riches that is the Saints offense.

Hoping Deebo is patient enough for Woodley's contract to come off the books in June...I'd like him back for sure.

Woodley's in Oakland, I think?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #134 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 10:16 »

I think Thomas and Moore are up to the observer.  Some will prefer Carrington or Al Woods to Thomas.  Some will prefer Cotchery to Moore.  Personally, I put Thomas in the "okay" category and leave Moore in the "Meh" category but I realize there is enough angst out there to keep both.  My guess is WR gets better via the draft (though we'll see how much time a rookie WR gets) and we hope/pray that Keisel stays healthy.

Good Lord, who IS our NT these days? Just don't get why you sign Thomas rather than keeping Woods and getting Carrington, since I don't buy Thomas as a true DE in the 3-4.

Moore:  I'm good with that. It seems that you need guys who can run the routes and catch the football as much as you need some burner (Wallace) or head case (enter WR of choice here). I always thought that more was somewhat under-utilized in the embarrassment of riches that is the Saints offense.

Hoping Deebo is patient enough for Woodley's contract to come off the books in June...I'd like him back for sure.

Woodley's in Oakland, I think?

Barring signing Nix R1 (RrrrrRRR), it's Mack.  I agree, we should have kept Woods, better as a swing DL than Cam IMO, who looks like a backup NT only, though Cam did play some end in SD, so who knows.  Either way, no DE starting opposite Heyward, unless suddenly Arnfelt or some guy from the pile is it.  Looks like DE in the draft, NLT R3.  So, CB, WR, DE?  Or some combo thereof.

I'm fine with Moore, though I did like Cotchery's rapport with Ben.  Still, the vet role is filled.  Now we need another big play receiver.  Wheaton may become, but three is better than two; and if Wheaton keeps breaking fingers, it's AB and... AB.

Woodley is in Oakland, but Deebo wants back in Pitt.  Can't see him as having much in the tank.  Coach on the field and spot duty at best.  So, once Woodley's hit is prorated 6/1, we can bring Deebo in to see how the back and knees feel.  Fine.  Cheap signing, tip o' the tam o' shanter, no more than that.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #135 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 13:26 »

Singed CB Brice McCain, speedy midget nickel back formerly of the Texans.  Your new Curtis Brown, presumably.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #136 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 15:49 »

Yikes:

McCain graded out as the worst of the 110 NFL cornerbacks evaluated by Pro Football Focus, receiving a minus-21.3 grade overall and a league-worst minus-23.8 in pass coverage. By comparison, Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, who graded out 97th overall, was a minus-8.4 overall and minus-14.1 in pass coverage.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5870530-74/mccain-steelers-houston#ixzz2xfaxovFj
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #137 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 15:53 »

He'll fit right in.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #138 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 15:56 »

Maybe a draft pick will push him off the roster.  Hurray, we inked the worst corner in the league!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #139 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 17:28 »

PFF is one metric, but it ain't gospel.

He's very fast (lose the left nut fast!), and has value at nickel.  But he was pressed into starting on the outside, and he can't do that.  On STs and some spot duty, coach the kid up, could be a role player.

Other news, we're bringing in Darrius Heyward-Bey.  Now, if HE could play some corner...

Pages: 1 ... 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: