Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 20:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KC@SD  (Read 3404 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Dec 30, 2013 at 17:30 »

Garvin and Pola are sort of SS/ILB hybrids.  I was disappointed by Cortez, mostly, but got the feeling he was slowed early on by injury.  Keep thinking how well he shut out Gronk v. the Pats the other year, so what's his reality?

I'm hoping early season struggles by Cortez were due to the ankle not being 100%.  Seemed to really improve down the stretch.  He's another candidate to extend as they can probably get him for a reasonable price due to missing half the season and his slow start.  Seems he could be sort of an opposite of Ike (i.e. not as strong against the run but he can actually catch).

Garvin's listed at 235.  What was Potsie's playing weight? 240? couldn't have been much more.  Anyways would be great to find a diamond in the rough...

Yeah, agree WRT extending Cortez, I think he's young enough and smart enough to come back strong next year.  For every boner play he had one really exciting play as well.  The real issue is transitioning out Ike and transitioning in a top starter.  Love Ike.  He's a backup now.

Potsie's listed playing weight in no way matched his actual, at least later.  Just as we shaved the Bus's weight by a few Big Macs and Big Snack's weight by a few deer carcasses each year, we shaded Potsie higher.  His last few years I doubt he was even 230#.  Trade off bulk for speed, which he astutely saw as his limitation. 

Man, that dude was one good player for us, one quality guy.  We could use another Farrior-type FA.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2014 at 19:13 »

Suck it chiefs. Good thing you rested your starters last week you fat tub of shit.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2014 at 11:45 »

Seems like I recall Farrior saying that he generally played in the 220's.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: