Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 16, 2014 at 10:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: first mock of boredom  (Read 2442 times)
TwistedLemon

« on: Feb 09, 2014 at 10:36 »

So each year I am on here very little, then post random crap in regards to the draft.  I figure, why not kill some boredom and continue.  That being said, have fun tearing this to shreads:

(Of note, while not completely reliable, I used Draftek as a sampling of where each rates out)

1.  Mike Evans, 6'5, 225  WR, Tex A&M:  Really don't think I like a WR in this spot but not overly happy with anyone.  Filed in other rounds first to see what position remained, and here I fell
2.  Kyle Fuller, 6'0, 193, CB  Va Tech:  I like him here
3 (comp).  Pierre Desir, 6'1, 205, CB, Lindenwood:  I think hype leads him to be gone, but why not
4.  Zack Kerr, 6'2, 330, DT, Delaware:  I know knothing, he just looks like a mean and ugly meatball for the center
5.  Kenny Ladler, 6'0, 205, FS, Vandy
5 (comp):  Max Bullough, 6'2, 252, ILB, Mich St
6.  Justin Britt, 6'6, 315, OL, Missouri
7.  Will Clarke, 6'6, 271, DE, WVU I am homer and throw a Mountaineer into every Mock I do.  This kid has a motor
7 (comp).  Austin Wentworth, 6'5, 306, OL, Fresno St

"My reality check bounced"
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2014 at 13:58 »

I don't mind that at all, it addresses needs with a focus on the D.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2014 at 14:59 »

Obviously, I've been pimping Evans and Desir, and I also really like Fuller and Ladler.  Kerr?  No idea.  Good NT size, is he a combine invitee?  (*Edit: yes; if he gets the lifts and isn't a fatbody I'll need to research him.)

Max Bullough showed up for the Senior Bowl as a complete fatbody.  Some folks really like him, but he looks like he's going to have weight/conditioning issues.

The other guys I don't know.  I like the overall feel of this draft, where you're picking players, rolling the dice on some OL guys in lat rounds.  No glaring omissions, IMO.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
TwistedLemon

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2014 at 05:56 »

Kerr was at Maryland, then transferred to Delaware.  Note on him are big, strong, high motor.  On the negative, needs to learn to consistently stay low.  He is a combine invitee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As0ACtkIgZc
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2014 at 06:20 by TwistedLemon » Logged

TwistedLemon

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2014 at 05:57 »

And a little of Will Clarke....also a combine invitee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUdgsXDGlsM
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2014 at 06:22 by TwistedLemon » Logged

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2014 at 09:26 »

Will check those out later.  I think you should get a job with the FO as a draft assistant!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
TwistedLemon

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2014 at 09:40 »

HA

Thanks, I think.  Each year my "mocks" turn out ok......but are never even close

TwistedLemon

« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 05:46 »

numbers and comments posted on nfl.com on my mock 4th rounder Kerr from Delaware:

28 Reps, 5.08 40 time, 28.5 vertical

Overview

2013: First-team All-Colonial Athletic Association. 3.5 sacks (third-most on team). Led team with 2 FFs. 2012: Second-team All-CAA. 47-yard INT return for TD. 2011: Did not play (academically ineligible). 2010 at Maryland: Played all 13 games. 21 tackles, 1.5 TFL.

2009 at Maryland: Played 7 games. 2 tackles. High School: No. 55 DT nationally (Rivals). All-State '06 and '07. According to school bio, Kerr "could not play football prior to high school because he was too big, so he helped as an assistant with his local little league team."

Analysis

Strengths
 Has a solid frame with long arms. Good lower-body power -- can collapse the pocket and walk blockers back to the quarterback when he comes off the ball low. Secure tackler. Regularly splits the double team and can stack the point vs. single blocks. Likes the weight room and works to improve.

Weaknesses
 Short. Limited agility. Tends to wear down, takes some plays off and effort wanes. Gets fooled by misdirection and can be late to locate the ball. Could stand to improve hand use as a pass rusher and shedding blocks. Regularly faced inferior competition. Has a concussion history.

Bottom Line
 Thick-bodied, long-armed, powerful 3-4 nose tackle with scheme versatility to factor in a rotation for an even or odd front. Uses a lot of finesse and would be best utilized in a defense where he is allowed to slant, stunt and shoot gaps. Has moldable tools to develop.

I still like him at 4

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: