Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 09:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers transition tag Worilds  (Read 3465 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 17:35 »

My guess he is cut with a post-June 1 designation.

Disappointing as he was a great pick and had some good years.  Add that we don't know what we have with JJones (but he's a first round pick who will be given the nod to start next year) and it is a mess.

Might be right.  Agreed on both counts - Woodley's early promise, and the questions surrounding Jarvis. 

Wonder if we might just split the difference, ride Woodley a year to see how it goes, and cut him in 2015 for half the cap ding if it's the same old shit.  One last chance and all.  And one more chance for Jarbust.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 14:22 »

Expecting a longer term more cap friendly deal for Worilds.  I mean, say it gets lowered to 7-8 million per.  Cut Woodley after June 1 to save 8 million, draft a project to groom, pray Jarbust is hitting the weights this offseason, basically a wash while getting younger and hopefully healthier.

Might be a slight overpay, but Worilds has been the one to get to the quarterback most consistently the last 2 years.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 16:33 »

Disappointing as he was a great pick and had some good years.  Add that we don't know what we have with JJones (but he's a first round pick who will be given the nod to start next year) and it is a mess.

Might be right.  Agreed on both counts - Woodley's early promise, and the questions surrounding Jarvis. 

Wonder if we might just split the difference, ride Woodley a year to see how it goes, and cut him in 2015 for half the cap ding if it's the same old shit.  One last chance and all.  And one more chance for Jarbust.

Post a steelersdepot noting that w/o Woodley (or had Worilds gone elsewhere), we have nothing behind the starters.  Depending on what happens with add'l extensions and cuts beyond today's, I would be okay keeping Woodley as I don't believe JJones will be a successful starter for at least the first half of the 2014 season. 

Might JJones be the one gone if he can't progress?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 17:33 »

Post a steelersdepot noting that w/o Woodley (or had Worilds gone elsewhere), we have nothing behind the starters.  Depending on what happens with add'l extensions and cuts beyond today's, I would be okay keeping Woodley as I don't believe JJones will be a successful starter for at least the first half of the 2014 season. 

Might JJones be the one gone if he can't progress?

A shit the bed of epic proportions if so. 

Still think a move to buck needs considered, especially since two starters at OLB are on roster, for now at least.

Depth is atrocious at all LB spots.  Still no idea why Carter was never tried at ILB, where his measurables would rank him among elite (cf. Kuechly).  But let's just have him suffer through being miscast as a fill-in OLB, for which he cannot possibly succeed, now, then, ever.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2014 at 13:57 »

PFT.com and steelersdepot.com reporting Woodley will be released tomorrow, with a post-June 1 designation.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2014 at 14:27 »

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

But it looks like they're serious about clearing future cap space, at least.

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #16 on: Mar 10, 2014 at 15:38 »

PFT.com and steelersdepot.com reporting Woodley will be released tomorrow, with a post-June 1 designation.

Good riddance.  Go be fat injured sideline sweatpants guy on another team.  Keep chopping the dead weight.

On another note, pretty class move by the FO.  They don't get the cap savings until post June 1 but give Woodley a chance to sign somewhere while the big money is still out there. 
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 10, 2014 at 20:11 »

Holmes… Mendenhall… Woodley.

I need to stop buying jerseys.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: